About the Role
As our Project Manager you will plan, organize, direct, and control project activities required for effective management of Mission Critical Audio/Visual installation projects. Supervises installation labor and sub-contractors. Works with financial, contract management and other management reports and tools to define project problems, to assure project profitability. You will be responsible for the overall quality of installation.
Key Job Responsibilities
Plans and coordinates engineering, installation, and subcontracting activities on small, large and/or complex systems:
- Maintains current job plans and specifications.
- Works with engineering department on design and drafting phases of projects.
- Coordinates the procurement of materials, supplies and services and controls timely delivery to work site.
- Prepares the project installation plan, manages the plan, prepares and implements job procedures.
- Identifies, from review of various information, necessary changes in design, contract price, installation plan or other activity and implements the same.
- Develops, implements, maintains construction schedule, and coordinates task scheduling with other trades.
- Create comprehensive project plans in accordance with client approved scope of work and contract.
- Selects (as appropriate) and monitors the performance of subcontractors.
- Keeps self, superiors and subordinates informed of project progress.
- Maintains all records of job status, job changes, material flow and other control records and supervises the preparation and processing of reports for internal and external use.
- May estimate labor or assist in estimating change orders for ongoing projects.
Implements quality assurance program to continuously improve customer satisfaction:
- Responsible for the verification of site readiness prior to the installation team deployment.
- Routinely walks job site to ensure quality installation of Company products.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction on projects.
- Assists management in monthly forecasting of project completion.
- Devises a plan of action to remedy problems and implements plan; all to assure project profitability.
- Track project performance to specifically analyze the successful completion of both short-and long-term goals.
- Inspect, review, and confirm project drawings, monitors equipment inventory and procurement.
Training and development:
- Studies literature and attends seminars to stay current with regards to products, processes, and materials.
- Works with installers on security concepts, installation procedures and product training for their advancement.
- Responsible for submitting “red-lined” As-Builds to engineer for As-Built completion.
- Responsible for completing all required paperwork, POs are all completed, Notice of Completions (NOC) is sent, and jobs are turned over to Service.
- Job is 100% billed and revenue is taken.
- Job close out report is completed.
Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers; manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects, and operating office equipment.
- Hybrid Work Environment – Working remotely and in person in the office. The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated. Noise levels are considered low to moderate
- Site work job conditions are similar to typical construction projects
- Overnight Travel may be required
Experience & Qualifications
- High school education or equivalent
- Associates degree (2 year) or bachelor’s degree (4 year) in a technical capacity is desirable
- PMP certified preferred
- Five years of experience in the construction industry and low voltage implementation of Electronic Security/Surveillance/Audio-Video systems, or related field. Good subcontracting management skills required. An understanding of job financial reports, and the ability to control costs in the handling of large projects.
- Competitive salary
- 401K matching
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Opportunities for learning and career advancement
Use the form on this page to apply for this position. Alternatively, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.