AV Design Engineer
About the Role
As an AV Design Engineer, you will work closely with the Sales, Engineering, Programming and Purchasing teams to translate customer requirements into functional system designs and determine the necessary equipment quantities needed to assemble an accurate bill of materials and complete the integration project according to company and customer expectations.
This position requires a specific skill set to include the following:
- Extensive background in Auto CAD.
- Ability to import and manipulate CAD files from architect or client
- Translate hand sketches or verbal direction into drawings
- Create/modify flow drawings; floor plans; elevations; mounting details; etc.
- Create cable run sheets
- Create as-built drawings from field “red-lined” drawings
- Maintain CAD system (i.e.: block library; dwg files; plotters; printers; etc.)
- Plot, distribute, and maintain paper drawings sets and .pdf sets
- Assist in product research for creating sales proposals as required
- Develop and maintain a database of commonly installed equipment/systems to be used for labor estimating.
- Understand and utilize company-drafting procedures
- Actively participate in personal and professional development and maintain knowledge of current and new technologies that the company offers
- Comply with company policies, as well as health and safety issues
- Promote a team environment
- Other duties as required or assigned
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.
- Valid and current driver’s license.
- At least five years of AV experience is preferred
- AV industry certification CTS, CTS-D preferred
- A minimum of 1-2 years of AV experience plus a four-year degree or military experience may be considered
Use the form on this page to apply for this position. Alternatively, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the form below to apply for this position. Alternatively, you may send an email to email@example.com.