By Destiny Heimbecker, Marketing Communications Coordinator, Vistacom Inc.
Businesses today operate in a global environment. To succeed, small and large organizations must think outside the box when it comes to communication. Video collaboration tools help individual team members, departments, and organizations maintain steady workflows across numerous office settings and time zones.
Work in a Brave New World
To maintain a competitive edge, organizations must constantly innovate. If a company does not embrace a culture of change and constantly work to stand out in consumers’ eyes, it will fall behind. Companies face the same reality in today’s globalized marketplace. Video collaboration tools are a fundamental asset for any organization that wants to keep a foothold in a market niche, grow fast, or reach their financial goals. Here are just a few of the incredible benefits these tools provide:
1. Better retention rates. Remote workers and large organizations often forget to focus on human resource goals. Personal experiences on the job affect an employee’s engagement, satisfaction, and sense of loyalty. Improving transparency and honest communication among team members – and between management and employees – can greatly improve engagement. Video-based training and meetings are more engaging, convenient, and cost-effective than text only alternatives.
2. Reduced language barriers. With a globalized workforce and target market, many companies struggle with hiring enough bilingual and multi-lingual talent to fill in the gaps. Technological solutions are making excellent strides to close that gap with products such as Skype Translator. The program translates face-to-face online communications in real time. For now, the program only supports seven different languages, but the instant messaging component supports over 50 languages. Competitive programs and later versions will likely support an increased range of different language interactions.
3. Increased productivity (e.g., more innovation and a faster time to market). How often do you put off a task because you cannot find an answer or realize you lack the resources to start? These types of interactional delays can set a project back by days or weeks. Video collaboration solutions eliminate the need to meet in person, catch someone on the phone, or send a lengthy email. Using tools including video chat, instant messaging, and document sharing/editing, workers can easily find the information they need without eating into another colleague’s work time.
4. Access to better talent pool. Some of the best companies to work for in the US build their teams based on talent rather than geographical proximity to an office space. Companies that use video interviews during the recruiting process see a 95% rentention rate versus other screening approaches. In addition to providing companies with talented employees who drive success, video technology reduces overhead costs and time associated with the hiring and onboarding process.
5. Improved sales. In addition to improving internal communications, video collaboration also improves communications between an organization and the consumer. Many companies are using collaboration tools to reach clients where they spend their time. People simply do not respond to phone calls or emails as they did in the past. Video collaboration adds another valuable tool to the sales and customer support arsenal.
Now is the time to explore video collaboration as a way to improve your business outcomes and gain a competitive edge. Organizations across all industries can benefit from the increased transparency, fast-response times, and cost-effective benefits of video collaboration tools.